Interlibrary loan conditionsSpecific information about ILL
Submit only as many ILL-requests as you can handle at one time.
- Interlibrary loans will be checked-out to your library account and thus will be included in the number of items you are eligible to borrow.
- The loan period is determined by the lending library and is usually two weeks. Due date of the item is marked on the band. You can also check the due date under Your Account.
- You should consider if you are leaving the CEU for any extended period of time. This allows us to plan the arrival of the ILLs for your return.
- The suppliers may insist that the document can be used in-house only. We keep these books at the Information Desk. If you have definitively finished consulting the material, return the book and inform the Librarian on duty.
- All fines on lost or damaged materials are payable by the borrower.
Expected delivery time:
- Delivery time depends on several factors. After the approval of the Department, it usually takes about 8-14 working days for books and 3-5 working days for articles to arrive. These are only estimates, it may take longer.
Items that may be difficult to obtain (no guarantee of delivery):
- Very recent publications. Recommend a purchase at the Department.
- Reference books that do not circulate, e.g. encyclopedias, dictionaries.
- Multimedia materials such as DVDs.
- Dissertations and theses.
- Old/rare books.
The ILL department cannot order:
- Entire journal issues.
- E-books since these are, for copyright reasons, not available for interlibrary loan.
For more details, please see the ILL policy