Mirabaud Media LabFilmmaking equipment and multimedia editing facilities
Location: Nador u. 15, CEU Library, 5th floor, Room 5.04
Media and Visual Education Specialist: Jeremy Braverman
The Mirabaud Media Lab serves as a home for media production at CEU. It is a resource for students, faculty, and staff to produce and edit multimedia projects, related to their scholarship and research interests, and for instruction in courses that incorporate the lab’s specialized applications. It is also a space to collaborate and connect with CEU’s vibrant and growing filmmaking community.
The lab provides:
- stations for video editing, audio editing, and other multimedia applications
- state-of-the-art filmmaking equipment
- guidance on media production projects from the Media and Visual Education Specialist.
Jeremy Braverman, Media and Visual Education Specialist
Jeremy oversees the lab and provides direct support through practical training and instruction, education in the craft of moving image production, and promotion of high technical standards for media production across the university’s academic programs.
Using the Lab
If you are a student enrolled in a media production course at CEU you are automatically authorized to use the Lab and check out equipment.
For all other members of the CEU community please obtain authorization from the Media & Visual Education Specialist. You may be asked to to participate in a training session, or demonstrate your competency on a program or with the equipment.
Equipment and Facilities
The 8-station Lab has a wide range of professional, up-to-date post-production hardware and software including
- 8 iMacs, one with dual monitors and speakers for sound editing and color grading
- Adobe Creative Cloud including Premiere Pro CC
- All stations have Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 capability
A standard Media Lab Equipment package for checkout includes:
- Sony PXW-X70 video camera and case, including battery charger, extra battery, and on-camera microphone
- Manfrotto 190X 3-section tripod with MHXPRO-2W fluid head
- RODELink FilmMaker wireless microphone kit
- Tascam DR-70D Audio Recorder Kit
- Rode NTG-3 Micro boom microphone kit
- Aputure Blazzeo 5 in 1 reflector kit
Additionally, there are a limited number of units of the following equipment, which must be reserved separately:
- GoPro HERO4 session “B” camera and accessories
- Aputure Lighting kit
Equipment check in/out hours 2017/18
Monday: 9am – 7pm
Tuesday: 9am – 9pm
Wednesday: 9am – 5pm
Thursday: 9am – 9pm
Friday: 9am – 6pm
Mirabaud Media Lab Rules
- Media Lab workstations are to be used only for media production applications, please don’t use them for other activities, such as browsing the internet, checking email, etc.
- Downloading or installing unauthorized software or other copyrighted material is strictly prohibited.
- Do not alter a computer’s system configurations or settings. If you have a technical issue related a system configuration or setting contact the Library’s IT Help Desk for assistance.
- Do not disconnect, reconnect or change the configuration of any piece of hardware or peripheral device at an edit station, except for normal use of external hard drives.
- If something does not work please let the IT Help Desk (N15 405) know immediately.
- When in the Lab please silence any mobile devices — be courteous to others by not taking any calls in the Lab.
- Headphone use is required at all times while editing.
- Students are responsible for storage & back-ups of their projects after each editing session. All projects and files left on the desktop or a computer’s internal hard drive will be routinely deleted.
- Please log out when you are finished using the computer.
- The Lab is a work and study space. Please behave appropriately and do not disturb the work of others.
- Food is prohibited in the Lab (and the Library), and only beverages with sealable lids are allowed.