Current Library ServicesOptions and on-site protocols
Welcome to the CEU Library!
(updated November 15, 2020)
CEU Library staff are dedicated to supporting your research and learning in Vienna, Budapest, and virtually. If you have questions at any time, please ask us: ContactLibrary@edu.edu.
Do your research from wherever you are, using the CEU Library website. Use over 55,000 e-journals, 200,000 e-books, and 170 databases, available from off campus via the IT Dept’s VPN service using your CEU login credentials. See our Quick Search Tips to get started and check out our Research Guides.
Scan & deliver (from Budapest collection only)
Stay home and let us do the work. Request a chapter or copy of a print document or journal article from the CEU collection via ContactLibrary@ceu.edu or Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery. This service is for requests that can be delivered electronically and in compliance with copyright norms: book chapters, articles, short documents.
Request Online & Pickup in Person at the Library Information Desk (Budapest only, Vienna Campus temporarily closed)
Request a print book online and pickup after we confirm. Use the “Request” button in the Library Catalog. When your request becomes available, you will receive an email notification for pickup.
Alert: Book delivery between the Budapest and Vienna campus is suspended until further notice.
Visit the Reading Room (Budapest and Vienna suspended until further notice)
Come to the Library if you are able to comply with mandatory library protocols. Seating and computer workstations have been reduced to enable physical distancing. Group rooms will be unavailable until hygiene protocols change.
Mandatory On-site Library Protocols for Library Members (Reading Halls Closed until further notice.)
How to be a good library citizen
- Use hand sanitizer before entering the Library.
- Wear a mask upon entry and while in the Library.
- Keep your physical distance from one another: 1.5 m Budapest / 1 m Vienna
- Leave the furniture where it’s been placed. It’s been set up to adhere to physical distancing protocols.
- Use stairs instead of elevators when possible, it’s good exercise!
- Max two people in an elevator at a time.
- Wash hands before and after using computers.
- Use the contactless self-checkout machines and touchless self-return.
- Not feeling great? Have a cough? Go home and take care of yourself.
- Do your part to keep the CEU community safe and well.
Noncompliance may result in loss of library membership. We take your health seriously!