Current Library ServicesOptions and on-site COVID protocols
Welcome to the CEU Library!
(updated May 2, 2022)
CEU Library staff are dedicated to supporting your research and learning in Vienna, Budapest, and virtually. If you have questions at any time, please ask us: ContactLibrary@ceu.edu.
Do your research from wherever you are, using the CEU Library website. Use over 52,000 e-journals, 215,000 e-books, and 170 databases, available from off campus via the IT Dept’s VPN service using your CEU login credentials. See our Quick Search Tips to get started and check out our Research Guides.
Scan & Deliver
Request a chapter or copy of a print document or journal article from the CEU collection via ContactLibrary@ceu.edu or Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery. This service is for requests that can be filled in compliance with copyright norms: book chapters, articles, short documents. Some items will be delivered electronically when possible.
Request Online & Pickup in Person at the Library Information Desk
Request a print book online and pickup after we confirm. Use the “Request” button in the Library Catalog. When your request becomes available, you will receive an email notification for pickup.
Alert: Book delivery is running between the Budapest and Vienna campus twice a week.
Visit the Reading Room
Use the Reading Room in the CEU Library, if you are able to comply with mandatory library protocols. Seating and computer workstations have been reduced to enable physical distancing.
Mandatory On-site COVID Protocols for Library Members
How to be a good library citizen
- Please consult the CEU COVID Entry Protocols
- Use hand sanitizer before entering the Library.
- Wearing a mask is is optional, but highly recommended.
- Use stairs instead of elevators when possible, it’s good exercise!
- Wash hands before and after using computers.
- Use the contactless self-checkout machines and touchless self-return.
- Not feeling great? Go home and take care of yourself.
- Do your part to keep the CEU community safe and well.
Noncompliance may result in loss of library membership. We take your health seriously!