External membersLibrary membership for researchers external to CEU
The CEU Library is pleased to grant external membership to students and faculty from other educational institutions with similar curricula as well as to other researchers not affiliated with CEU who require the use of the CEU Library collections for their scholarly research. For membership requests and membership renewals, a letter of recommendation must be submitted with the application indicating why the CEU Library collections are necessary for their work.
Although registration is free of charge, we require that external members cover the cost of producing the membership card (1000 HUF).
External members are entitled to use most of the services of the Library, with the exception of borrowing privileges, access to Interlibrary Loan services, booking labs, and using some databases whose licenses are restricted. Using laptops or public library PCs, external members can connect to most of the licensed databases from the Library.
The recommendation letters must indicate the:
- affiliation of both referrer and the referee*
- phone number or e-mail address of the referrer
- research purpose that requires use of the CEU collections
- duration of the research visit.
Letters should be:
- written on official letterhead or be stamped
- signed and dated within 30 days from the date submitted.
Submit your membership form.
Your request will be reviewed within 3 days. When you submit your recommendation letter you will also be asked to fill out a registration form. By submitting the form you will prove that you have accepted the Library rules and agree to cover the cost of producing the membership card (1000 HUF). If you have any questions, please call (36-1) 327-3099 or send an e-mail to contactLibrary@ceu.edu.
CEU Library reserves the right to withdraw membership from offenders of its rules.
* Please note that students of other universities are not automatically accepted; therefore, a certificate of being a student or a letter signed by the admission officers are not accepted as a letter of recommendation.