Research SoftwareApplications supporting academic work
Online software services
Available for all CEU students, staff and faculty.
Contact Library staff (login and password): email@example.com
- Overleaf/Latex – campus-wide subscription to a LaTex editor with advanced features beyond the personal free version, including up to 10 collaborators per project, full document history, real time track changes, reference manager sync, and Dropbox and Github integration.
- Qualtrics – web-based survey tool which allows you conduct surveys, evaluations, and other data collection activities, collaborate in real-time, and export data in multiple formats and supports complicated survey workflows, simple surveys, mobile-friendly formats, and multi-lingual survey options.
Digital Literacy Lab (Library 4th floor)
Special applications available for all Library users.
- ABBYY FineReader – an all-in-one OCR and PDF software application (2 workstations).
- IBM SPSS 25 –statistical software (16 workstations).
- R 3.5 and RStudio 1.1.453 – R language for statistical computation, free and open source (16 workstations).
- QGIS 2.18.20 LTS – Geographic Information System (GIS) Software to create, edit, visualise, analyse and publish geospatial information, free and open source (16 workstations).
- Python 2.7.15 and 3.6 – a multi-paradigm programming language, free and open source (16 workstations).
- Zotero 5.0.50 – reference/bibliographic management software, free and open source (16 workstations).
Mirabaud Media Lab
CEU community members are automatically authorized if they are enrolled in a media production course or can obtain authorization from the Media and Visual Education Specialist.
- Adobe Creative Cloud including Adobe Premier Pro CC 2018 version 12.1.2 (Build 69) – video editing software for film and the web.