Media HubProduce and edit multimedia projects
Location: CEU Library, Vienna, first floor
The Media Hub is the home of the Mirabaud Media Lab and Audio Lab (recording studio and mixing suite), a resource for students, faculty, and staff to produce and edit multimedia projects such as documentary films and podcasts related to their scholarship and research interests.
Here you will find:
- stations for video editing, audio editing and other multimedia applications
- state-of-the-art filmmaking and sound production equipment
- courses and workshops that incorporate the labs’ specialized resources
- expert instruction on media and audio production projects.
Who can use the Media Hub
The Media Hub’s resources are intended for use in projects that that are related to a CEU community member’s academic pursuits, including scholarship and research, and creative production.
Students enrolled in a media production course at CEU
If you are a student enrolled in a media production course at CEU you are automatically authorized to use the Media Lab’s Adobe CC applications and film/audio equipment.
Other CEU community members: you will need authorization.
For all other members of the CEU community please obtain authorization from our staff. For the Media Lab and Equipment Room, please contact the Media & Visual Education Specialist, and for the Audio Lab, please contact the Audio Education Specialist. You may be asked to participate in a training session or demonstrate your competency on a program or with the equipment.
The Mirabaud Media Lab (C120)
The Mirabaud Media Lab (MML) is an acoustically-engineered space for instruction, media production and teamwork. The Lab features 14 Mac Pro computers equipped with a full range of Adobe Creative Cloud applications such as Premiere Pro CC, Photoshop, Illustrator, and AfterEffects. For video editing, the Lab is supported by an Avid Nexis network-attached storage system, which can be accessed from any station. To obtain authorization to use the Media Lab, please contact the Head of the Media Hub
The Audio Lab (C118, C119)
The Audio Lab is made up of two interconnected spaces, the Recording Studio and Mixing Suite. Users must receive training in a course, workshop, or designated training session to be authorized to use these spaces.
Recording Studio (C118)
The Recording Studio is an audio recording and video interview space with excellent acoustics. It consists of an interview and podcast recording table for recording up to six subjects at a time, capabilities for recording voice over for film, and for recording “black box” style video interviews of one or two subjects. Audio can be recorded directly to a mixer in the room, or to the computer system in the adjacent Mixing Suite.The Studio includes:
- 4 Rode BroadCaster microphones connected to a circular podcasting table.
- A Rode Caster Pro console recording the microphone signals.
- A Rode NT2-A and Neumann TLM 103 studio microphones for voice-over recording.
- Cinematic LED light panels and spots mounted on a ceiling grid for lighting video interviews.
Mixing Suite (C119)
The Suite features a single iMac Pro system dedicated specifically for audio mixing for projects including documentary films, podcasts, and audio installations. The Suite receives audio signals from the Recording Studio, which can be recorded into its system. Communication takes place via an audio intercom between the two rooms, and visually via a sound-proof glass window separating the two spaces.The Suite features:
- An iMac Pro system equipped with Avid Pro Tools professional sound editing software, as well as Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Avid S1 and Avid Dock mixing consoles.
- A Presonus Studio 192 USB sound card.
- 2 Genelec 8040 studio monitor speakers for monitoring sound.
Jeremy Braverman – Media Hub Head and Media & Visual Education Specialist.
Jeremy oversees all aspects of the media hub including instructional programming.
Thomas Aichinger – Audio Education Specialist
Thomas oversees the Audio Lab and CEU Podcast Library and provides training in audio production.
Adam Hushegyi – Media Hub Assistant
Adam supports all Media Hub teaching and training activities, and manages the media equipment checkout process.
Media Equipment Room (C123)
The Media Equipment Room maintains an inventory of filmmaking equipment available for checkout to authorized users.
Pick up your equipment by appointment only, during these hours:
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Reservations must be made 24 hours in advance. Contact Adam Hushegyi to arrange check-out and check-in times
You must receive training in a course or workshop to be authorized to check out most equipment. A few items don’t require authorization and are available for general checkout.
- Sony A7iv mirrorless camera kit with Sony FE 24-105mm f/4 G OSS Lens
- Manfrotto MVT502AM tripod with Manfrotto MVH500A fluid head
- Tascam DR-70D Audio Recorder Kit with RODELink FilmMaker wireless microphone
- Rode NTG-3 Micro boom microphone kit
- GoPro Hero 10 kit
- Nanlite Interview Lighting kit
Audio field recording equipment
- Zoom H4N Recorder
- Rode wireless GO microphone
- Rode Reporter mic
- Rode Newsshooter Kit
- Rode Stereo VideoMic
- Canon EOS 90D DSLR kit + EF-S 18-135mm IS USM lens
General check-out (no authorization needed)
- Sony PXW-X70 video camera kit
- Manfrotto 190X 3-section tripod with MHXPRO-2W fluid head
- Zoom H1N Audio Recorder
- GoPro HERO4 session
Home Production & Editing Guide
During the COVID-19 lockdown, we have created a series of short guides to help those wanting to film or edit without access to specialized equipment.
Download the Home Production & Editing Guide (PDF).
Watch the video tutorials: