Media HubProduce and edit multimedia projects
About (Opening Soon)
Location: CEU Library, Vienna, first floor
The Media Hub is the home of the Mirabaud Media Lab and Audio Lab (recording studio and mixing suite), a resource for students, faculty, and staff to produce and edit multimedia projects such as documentary films and podcasts related to their scholarship and research interests.
Here you will find:
- stations for video editing, audio editing and other multimedia applications
- state-of-the-art filmmaking and sound production equipment
- courses and workshops that incorporate the labs’ specialized resources
- expert instruction on media and audio production projects.
Who can use the Media Hub
The Media Hub’s resources are intended for use in projects that that are related to a CEU community member’s academic pursuits, including scholarship and research, and creative production.
If you are a student enrolled in a media production course at CEU you are automatically authorized to use the Media Lab’s Adobe CC applications and film/audio equipment.
For all other members of the CEU community please obtain authorization from our staff. For the Media Lab and Equipment Room, please contact the Media & Visual Education Specialist, and for the Audio Lab, please contact the Audio Education Specialist. You may be asked to participate in a training session or demonstrate your competency on a program or with the equipment.
The Mirabaud Media Lab (C120)
The Mirabaud Media Lab (MML) is an acoustically-engineered space for instruction, media production and teamwork. The 8-station iMac Lab features a wide range of Adobe Creative Cloud applications such as Premiere Pro CC, Photoshop, Illustrator, and AfterEffects. For video editing, the Lab is supported by an Avid Nexis network-attached storage system, which can be accessed from any station. Users must receive training in a course, workshop, or designated training session to be authorized to use the iMacs and associated software and equipment.
Please review the Mirabaud Media Lab Rules & Guidelines carefully before making a reservation.
The Audio Lab (C118, C119)
The Audio Lab is made up of two interconnected spaces, the Recording Studio and Mixing Suite. Users must receive training in a course, workshop, or designated training session to be authorized to use these spaces.
Recording Studio (C118) The Recording Studio is an audio recording and video interview space with excellent acoustics. It consists of an interview and podcast recording table for recording up to six subjects at a time, capabilities for recording voice over for film, and for recording “black box” style video interviews of one or two subjects. Audio can be recorded directly to a mixer in the room, or to the computer system in the adjacent Mixing Suite.The Studio includes:
- 4 Rode BroadCaster microphones connected to a circular podcasting table.
- A Rode Caster Pro console recording the microphone signals.
- A Rode NT2-A and Neumann TLM 103 studio microphones for voice-over recording.
- Cinematic LED light panels and spots mounted on a ceiling grid for lighting video interviews.
Mixing Suite (C119) The Suite features a single iMac Pro system dedicated specifically for audio mixing for projects including documentary films, podcasts, and audio installations. The Suite receives audio signals from the Recording Studio, which can be recorded into its system. Communication takes place via an audio intercom between the two rooms, and visually via a sound-proof glass window separating the two spaces.The Suite features:
- An iMac Pro system equipped with Avid Pro Tools professional sound editing software, as well as Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Avid S1 and Avid Dock mixing consoles.
- A Presonus Studio 192 USB sound card.
- 2 Genelec 8040 studio monitor speakers for monitoring sound.
Jeremy Braverman – Media Hub Head and Media & Visual Education Specialist.
Jeremy oversees all aspects of the media hub including instructional programming.
Media Hub Assistant –Adam Hushegyi
Adam supports all Media Hub teaching and training activities, and manages the media equipment checkout process.
Media Equipment Room
Equipment Room Hours
Check out equipment during these hours.
[hours coming soon]
(Other times must be arranged separately with the Media Hub Assistant at least 24 hours in advance).
See the Equipment Catalog for what’s available and to make your reservation.
Be sure to review our media equipment rules before making a reservation.
You must receive training in a course or workshop to be authorized to check out most equipment. A few items don’t require authorization and are available for general checkout. (See bottom of the list below).
- Sony PXW-X70 video camera and case, including extra battery, charger, and camera-mounted microphone
- Manfrotto 190X 3-section tripod with MHXPRO-2W fluid head
- RODELink FilmMaker wireless microphone kit
- Tascam DR-70D Audio Recorder Kit
- Rode NTG-3 Micro boom microphone kit
- GoPro HERO4 session
- Aputure Lighting kit
Audio field recording equipment
- Zoom H4N Recorder
- Rode wireless GO microphone
- Rode Reporter mic
- Rode Newsshooter Kit
- Rode Stereo VideoMic
- Canon 70D + Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens & Tripod
General check-out (no authorization needed)
- Zoom H4N Audio Recorder
- Canon XA 10 video camera + tripod
- Sony HXR-NX30E video camera + tripod