Media Hub GuidelinesRules and guidelines for use
- Media Lab workstations are to be used only for media production applications, please don’t use them for other activities, such as browsing the internet, checking email, etc.
- Downloading or installing unauthorized software or other copyrighted material is strictly prohibited.
- Do not alter a computer’s system configurations or settings. If you have a technical issue related a system configuration or setting contact the IT Help Desk for assistance.
- Do not disconnect, reconnect or change the configuration of any piece of hardware or peripheral device at an edit station, except for normal use of external hard drives.
- If something does not work please let the IT Help Desk know immediately.
- When in the Lab please silence any mobile devices — be courteous to others by not taking any calls in the Lab.
- Headphone use is required at all times while editing.
- Students are responsible for storage & backups of their projects after each editing session. All projects and files left on the desktop or a computer’s internal hard drive will be routinely deleted.
- Please log out when you are finished using the computer.
- The Lab is a work and study space. Please behave appropriately and do not disturb the work of others.
- Food is prohibited in the Lab (and the Library), and only beverages with lids that seal are allowed.
Jeremy Braverman – Media Hub Head and Media & Visual Education Specialist.
Jeremy oversees all aspects of the media hub including instructional programming.
Thomas Aichinger – Audio Education Specialist
Thomas oversees the Audio Lab.
Adam Hushegyi – Media Hub Assistant
Adam manages the equipment checkout process.