BorrowingPolicies for borrowing, renewals, recalls, and lost items
How many items you may borrow
Loan privileges vary by CEU ID card category as follows:
- CEU BA/MA students: 15 items
- CEU PhD students: 20 items
- CEU Faculty/Staff: 30 items
- Visiting Faculty/Researcher: by department request
- Affiliates: by department request
- CEU Alumni: by Alumni Office request
Executive and Educational Program Participants and Library External Members are welcome to use library books and databases in the Library, and do not have borrowing privileges.
Loan periods and renewals
Most books may be recalled. Recalled items cannot be renewed. Recall of an item may shorten the original loan period.
- 30 days items must be returned within 7 days of the date of recall. Items already due in 7 days or less keep their original due date.
- 90 days items keep their original due date.
The replacement fee for a lost item is the current cost of the book and the shipping fee. If you have lost a book or other item from the CEU Library, please report it using the Lost/Missing Book form.
Please note that borrowing privileges may be suspended when members have overdue items, including overdue recalls.
Thank you for complying with these rules and policies.