BorrowingPolicies for borrowing, renewals, recalls, and lost items
How many items you may borrow
- Faculty & staff – up to 30 items.
- Ph.D. students – up to 20 items.
- MA students – up to 15 items.
- Alumni – two items with special permission requested by the Alumni Office from the Library.
- CEU Affiliates/Visiting Faculty or Researcher – by departmental request may borrow books.
- External Members, not affiliated with CEU – no borrowing privileges.
Loan periods and renewals
Most books may be recalled. Recall of an item may shorten the original loan period. Recalled items cannot be renewed.
- 90-day items keep their original due date.
- 30-day items must be returned within 14 days of the date of recall. Items already due in 14 days or less keep their original due date.
- 14-day items must be returned within 7 days of the date of recall. Items already due in 7 days or less keep their original due date.
- 7-day loan items keep their original due date.
- The replacement fee for a lost item is the current cost of the book and the shipping fee. If you have lost a book or other item from the CEU Library, please report it using the Lost/Missing Book form.
Borrowing privileges will be suspended when members have overdue items including overdue recalls.